The first step to a major overall of your basement or any room in the house, is to make the decision to get on with it all. The next step is to call us at Green Solutions and More and we can help you decide on the size dumpster to order. Once you have that out the way you can launch into action.
Tag: Trash removal Lincoln CA | Trash bin Lincoln CA | Waste disposal bins Lincoln CA | Waste removal Lincoln CA | Junk removal Lincoln CA | Best price dumpster rentals Lincoln CA
- Take an inventory of all the stuff you have stored in your basement. Even if it means moving long forgotten boxes that have never been opened, upstairs or into the garage.
- Open up those boxes and separate the very sentimental stuff from the never to be used again stuff. If you’re having trouble deciding what to do with something, ask yourself these questions:
- When was the last time I used this? If you can’t remember using the item in the past year, it might be time to get rid of it.
- Was I surprised to find this here? When you’re shocked to find something in a location, it may not have been as important as you believed.
- What are my reasons for holding on to this? If your reasons for keeping an item aren’t good, it’s time to toss it.
- Have I already replaced this item? If you’ve upgraded or replaced the item, get rid of it.
- Can someone else make use of this? Maybe the item is something you think someone else needs, but you have not use for. Consider donating the item or throw it out if there are no takers.
- Do I really have the space for it? If you can’t think of an obvious spot for it, maybe you don’t really need the item.
3. Remember to be ruthless with the toys and sports equipment that the kids have grown out of. Make a pile that goes to Goodwill so that some other children can get the same enjoyment from these things.
4. Now be honest with yourself about those machines, whether it’s a stair climber, a bicycle, surfboard or gym equipment that’s never been put to use. There are many places you can now list these things and sell them for a reasonable price:
- Facebook Marketplace
- Local consignment stores
- Garage sale
5. Once you have sorted through the various piles of equipment and boxes, separate the bulky items you have decided to keep. You may even decide to rent a storage unit to keep these pieces until you have the space to accommodate them.
6. If you find you have boxes of ornaments or furniture that no longer suites you taste, call your local Red Cross and perhaps they will schedule a pick up.
7. Old clothing and coats that have not been worn for a season should definitely be given to Goodwill.
8. Now that you are left with the broken or stained furniture that you’ve been meaning to repair, it’s time to throw all that in the dumpster. Broken lamps, furniture, wood should all be thrown out. If you haven’t managed to repair them yet you will never get to them, so be ruthless.
9. Basements always accumulate old books. There are many libraries that will take donations. Box them up and drop them off.
10. When it comes to children’s school books, again, keep one or two mementos and get rid of the rest. The kids will never look at them again so keeping just a few examples of their finer artwork and writing will do the trick.
Once you have managed to fill your dumpster, just call us at Green Solutions and More and we will schedule a time to pick it up. Basement purging is a huge job but well worth your time and effort. You will feel a weight off your shoulders and be able to have your basement back. You may even decide to renovate the room and turn it into a comfy den to be enjoyed.
Green Solutions and More Inc.
Call us at: 916 409-9700
We’re fast, reliable and always ready to assist.