PRO DUMPSTER DIVER MAKES A FORTUNE and recycles unwanted goods all at the same time. Now there’s a thought!
Matt Malone has been called the professional dumpster diver. Matt has been cruising the dumpsters behind electronic stores like Office Depot for a while now and coming up with some incredible finds. Don’t get it wrong, Malone has a great day job and his own electronic start up and yet he still finds it very rewarding to dumpster dive.
TAG: Best price dumpster rentals Lincoln CA | Roll off dumpster Lincoln CA | Waste removal Lincoln CA
Trash removal Lincoln CA | Commercial dumpster Lincoln CA | Junk removal Lincoln CA
A reporter from Wired went on the hunt with Malone to see how he went about this process and very quickly found out! Heaving himself up the wall of a dumpster and armed with only a flashlight he quickly rummages through the papers and boxes and exclaims:
“Hell yes! Hell yes!” He comes out with a box containing a complete Uniden Wireless Video Surveillance System—two cameras and a wireless monitor—which normally retails for $419. A quick inspection reveals that it’s all in perfect condition, although someone has clearly opened and repacked it.
He quickly ran through a list of recent finds: vacuums, power tools, furniture, carpeting, industrial machines, assorted electronics. Much of it needs a little love, he says, but a lot of it is in perfect condition On another dumpster drive he found a Martin Yale business card slitter with a retail price of $1,850 which he sold on Craigslist for $1,200 “When in doubt, take it!”
So with this in mind here is a list of a few items that should not be dumpstered.
- Chemicals: Lead-based household cleaners, paint, pesticides, and anything else that may damage either the environment by seeping into the ground or the wildlife that feeds on refuse.
- Wet paint: Contact a hazardous waste drop off to dispose of wet paints.
- Batteries: Batteries contain chemicals like lead, mercury and other harmful chemicals and should not be disposed of in a dumpster.
- Engine Oil: Engine oil should be returned to auto repair shops that can properly dispose of the liquid.
- Tvs or Computer accessories: Computer parts such as hard drives can cause environmental damage and should not be disposed of in a container.
- Fluorescent bulbs: Should not be recycled into dumpsters due to mercury concerns.
- Tires: Most landfills do not accept tires, therefore it is recommended to recycle tires at your auto repair shop.
If you have garden waste, building refuse or just household trash, our dumpsters come in several sizes and can be delivered right to your door.
So remember, if it’s trash removal you are struggling with, we have the best solution for all those unwanted items. Green Solutions and More has the ideal size dumpster that can be delivered right to your yard. If you need to rent a bin we will help you to decide what size you will need.
Call us at: Tel: (916) 409-9700